sabato 24 novembre 2007

YouTube

Hi everybody!

The world of YouTube is really huge! Exploring this new tool and searching for something interesting I realized that it provides videos for any purpose: you can watch videos about music, world news, travel or just have fun and relax thanks to many funny sketches. Moreover, YouTube can be useful to learn something new about a specific topic and for our English language learning too!!! The potential of this tool is that watching videos you have the advantage of seeing what you are listening to and better following the development of videos… Actually I think that images and written words are the best way to fix in your memory much information and this is really helpful in learning!
Another great feature of YouTube is that anyone can upload their own material and share them with other surfers. You can comment on those videos you find interesting and rate them so that the maker of the video can improve or update it.
YouTube is simply fantastic!!



This is the video I chose: Cat Stevens singing “Peace Train” during a live concert in 1976. It’s a song against war… It’s sad but hopeful.
Listening to a song can be a good way to improve our listening skills and learn new words… Do you agree?

I look forward to hearing from you!

C u!
Laura

5 commenti:

Alberto ha detto...

Hi Laura!
I perfectly agree with you: the simultaneous presence of images and written words is the best way to keep something in mind. For this reason, a tool like Youtube can be useful for languages learners like us!
You're right; the world of Youtube is huge! The Web is huge! I'm afraid I'm going to be surprised every single day in my life of its potentials!
I do like the song you chose...Unfortunately, war is still a topical issue...

alessandrasq ha detto...

Hi Laura...
It's really incredible how many things we can find surfing YouTube... I wrote to my blog that the best way to learn something in an easier way is to present information in an attractive way... and YouTube answer exactly to this aim...
About the video you put: sorry but I didn't finish to hear the whole song because this kind of music don't like me so much, but I perfectly agree with you about the fact that music and songs are perfect to learn English... and concerning YouTube you can have more fun by watching the videos... It's simply great...

Claudia ha detto...

Hi Laura,
huge is surely the best word to describe YouTube!

Happy you enjoyed this tool so much, I don't want to repeat once more what I think about it, but I'm glad you find it useful for you language learning!!

see you next week!
Claudia

Serena Santi ha detto...

Hi Laura!
Definetly I think that my purpose when I explore YouTube is relaxing and having fun. I appreciate this song for its meaningful words and for its music too.
I think that videos on youTube are useful to fix new information in your mind because the comprehension is easier when there are images that explain the context. I like the possibility of sharing my videos with other people and living comments or receiving them. This can be a way of improving your writing skills as well.

Claudia Trivellato ha detto...

Hi Laura!
I think the same thing...youtube helps learners to improve the language thanks to images!
Written words are obviously helpful but videos can improve our listening skills.