giovedì 20 marzo 2008

XCHANGE_second meeting

Hello everybody!

I’m here to tell you something about my second Skype meeting. I have to say that I’m a little bit unlucky with technological stuff… Also this time I had problems with the connection: I could hear Allyson and Martina talking but they couldn’t hear my voice.
This is definitely the main reason why for the first half an hour I only practised my listening skill… They spoke about some words we had to discuss on the forum and Allyson wanted to know something more about the meaning of the word ‘raccomandato’… It’s so difficult to explain something that is obvious for you and your culture without finding the right translation for that word, isn’t it?!
Later, when I was able to take part in the conversation, we talked about terrorism, the movie "Buongiorno, notte" and the attack at the Twin Towers in 2001… Allyson told us how she spent that day but I hope to ask her something more, especially about her feelings and fear towards these events.
Reflecting on these two Skype meetings, I want to point out that talking in three is not easy, I mean that it’s difficult to control the turns of the conversation… And moreover, I tend to listen rather than speaking…
Anyway, I’ll try to make it work better next time!


C u soon and Happy Easter to everybody!!!

Nessun commento: