giovedì 25 ottobre 2007

my first two weeks of blogging

It's completely new and really strange for me to have this virtual space… I’ve never used a blog before and, to be honest, I didn’t know almost anything about it! During the preparation of the first e-tivity I was really scared not to be able to find the right picture, the right comment…I’m always so worried about making mistakes! But now, after two weeks of blogging I understood how a blog works and I think that once you have started sending the first posts it gets easier and easier!
First of all, a blog is a very useful tool to develop your ideas, thoughts, opinions and to share them with other people: you can express your creativity and use your own style…it’s fantastic!
Moreover, through interaction we can improve our reading and writing skills in English…this is very important for me because I think my English vocabulary is not very extensive and in this way I can learn and learn, but we all have to pay attention to possible mistakes!

3 commenti:

Caroline ha detto...

Hi Laura,
I can really tell from your blog that you like blogging, don't you?!
It's really nice. I like the picture of the "Hundertwasser-Haus" and the comment. I like Hundertwasser, too. I know he designed a schoolbuilding in Austria. I've always been envious of the students who visit that school! As far as your language skills are concerned, I think you're doing fine. I understand your worries though. Everytime, I'm writing a post I'm worried, too, because everyone is going to read it and it's public etc...
But I think we will get used to it and just as you said we are all still learning, learning, learning...
See you soon...
maybe on my blog :-) Caroline

Nina ha detto...

Ciao Laura,
I really like your blog. Especially the colors; did you choose them yourself or were there already set like this?
I noticed some grammer mistakes in your post:
But now, after two weeks of blogging I understood... I think there should be present instead of past tense. But now,...I understand.

You shouldn't be scared about making mistakes, we all make them and we learn from them!! Have a good long weekend!

Crazy Journalist ha detto...

Hey Laura,
to me it's reassuring to hear that all of us in our group feel more or less weird about having a blog!
Personally what I found out is I make mistakes mostly out of bad habits (like the 'i' for 'I' or not using capital letters in general).
The netiquette stuff was pretty much a total surprise; I thought you could to whatever you want on your own blog... But it really makes more sense to stick to some shared guidelines in order to make it easier for other people to relate to you!
About my experience in the publishing field, well, I was an editor: it boils down to reading manuscripts, correcting drafts and working with the author giving directions and suggestions about how the text may be changed or rearranged in order to get to a better final text.
To make a long story short, I was young and idealistic..! Very soon the ethics the whole thing was supposed to stick to were put aside. New authors were turned down; published authors were not chosen by merit but because they represented 'useful connections' for the publisher.
A friend of mine went on after I quit and now works for Minimum Fax, and probably she'll even get published by them. And she herself admits how disgustingly rotten the publishing world is. I simply couldn't stand it anymore, you know.
Well, time to leave my other feedbacks now! See you.